Mar 25, 2012

Corneal Ulcer:

An infected eye with an ulcer on the clear part of the eye (cornea). This condition may be caused by both viruses and bacteria. It is common in contact lens wearers. Proper treatment is important. Ulcers are painful. They may also scar the cornea and cause permanent damage to the eye. Seek care immediately if you have loss of vision, increasing pain or discharge from the eye.—Conway Medical Center

For more detailed information visit WebMD here.

Friday morning I awoke to find my eye red and tearing. By mid morning it felt like I had a grain of sand in my eye, tearing profusely, bright red, and my eye lid swollen. At bedtime, my eye was on fire and I knew I need to seek help.

Saturday morning I could hardly open my eye. Applying a warm cloth I was able to open it enough to notice my eye was blood shot, shedding water fall tears, scratchy and painful. I called off at work and headed to the emergency room.

Luckily I didn’t have to wait long, probably a whole 5 minutes and I was put in a room and in came the eye equipment. Say 10 minutes later the doctor came in, examined my eyes, and found my left eye to have a corneal ulcer. Then they put a drop of something in my eye and instantly I felt no scratching and no pain. Talk about relief … wow, thank god!

Here’s what a corneal ulcer look’s like.


Instead of the ulcer (the white blotch) being on to bottom, mine is on the upper left.

Monday I have to get in touch with a Ophthalmologists.

Until Tomorrow …

No comments:

Post a Comment