11.5.10

It seems every time I have a problem with a tooth it happens to be on a weekend when most, rather all, dentist’s are closed. You would think that emergency rooms would staff an in-house dentist for those, like me, who need attention … Yeah, when it comes to pain involving teeth it’s all about me, LOL. After all, a toothache isn’t something you can just get rid of unless you have some good strong medications at home. Otherwise, you have to nurse your pain until Monday. Well, this past weekend that’s exactly what I did … nursed a freaking toothache … Ouch!

I truly hate going to the dentist cause most of the time it involves getting a freaking needle stuck into my jaw. As the needle goes in my feet begin to shake and my hands literally grab onto the arm of the chair to the point my knuckles turn white … that's how much I detest needles. I’m even this way when I get blood work done. Yeah, I’m a woos!

Wished I could have saved the tooth … with a root canal this would have been possible. But my insurance doesn’t cover the expense … well, it does, but I would have had to pay part of the cost. So, bye-bye tooth!

Following the extraction I really got sick to my stomach and I had the worst headache … I’ve never experienced these types of symptoms before. I don’t know if it was the sedation or what, but about two hours after my appointment I was home and in bed, not only nursing the extraction, but nursing my stomach and head.

Well, this morning I feel much better. I have pain medication should I need to take it, but so far I’ve not had to. I have a follow up appointment next Monday to make sure all is well. I’m just glad that this ordeal is behind me … LOL.

Until Tomorrow …

1 comment:

  1. Better to have had it pulled anyway.. Root canals have a habit of falling out and crumbling and then you'd have to get it pulled anyway.. Glad it's over and you're feeling better.. If you need anything you know I'm only a phone call away.. Love ya

    ReplyDelete