In choosing a place to attend and worship it had to meet certain criteria's … yeah the place of worship has to meet my personal needs in order for me to spiritually grow. Therefore, in looking at what used to turn me off to church I made a mental list of what I expected should I decide to start attending. Here’s what I came up with.
First and foremost, I’m tired of the traditional church service. Attending church is about celebrating one’s faith and worshiping God. Secondly, the music has to be uplifting thus enhancing to the celebration experience. Thirdly, the message received has to be down to earth, practical and relevant to today’s living. And last but not least, I have to come away from my worship experience with the knowledge that God really loves me and that I am truly a good person rather than some dirt bag unworthy of life in the here after.
Anyway, yesterday I attended my first church service in some ten years or more. No, the walls didn’t rattle or the building cave in … lol. Honestly, I really enjoyed it! The music was great and the topic (“Leadership … You have what it takes”) was food for thought which I actually could use in my daily life, specially in my work life. My over all experience, yeah, I’ll go back and see where this experience takes me … after all, faith is a journey and I’m ready to travel a more positive path.
This is in no way an official endorsement of the church, but I just want to share with you my Sunday experience. At the top right hand corner is a picture of the bulletin cover and if your interested in checking this fellowship out visit there link by clicking here.
P.S. Thanks Steven for showing me that one can experience God in such a positive way. Your faith's journey has allowed me to take my first step in finding my new journey.
Until tomorrow ...
No comments:
Post a Comment