This government shutdown over a border wall ... ridiculous! It's been a month now and since 800,000 federal workers are furloughed without pay and many others are working, but not getting paid. If this isn't bad enough, the trickle-down effect is only going to worsen should this shutdown go on for another month.
Not only are federal employees going through financial difficulties, our country's safety net; the police, airlines, coast guard, prison guards, etc., are not getting paid, thus putting our national and local safety at risk. And by the sounds of things, this shutdown could go on for another two months. Really? What, over a FUCKING wall? Absolutely ridiculous! Sure, most federal employee's and those who keep us safe will get back pay ... Whoopi! Meanwhile, as money drys up on the home front, along with a host of other financial difficulties, we could see major unrest throughout our country.
As to who to blame? I place it strictly at Trump's feet. He demands 5.7 billion dollars to build the wall. However, the House of Representatives ain't giving it to him, which I support. Why? Because if we cave into Trump's temper tantrum who's to say that he won't shut down the government again over some petty bullshit. Hey, the debt ceiling is coming up ... another shut down if he doesn't get his way?
Don't get me wrong, I support border security. However, the wall is not going to stop illegal immigration, terrorist entering our country, or stop drugs from flowing across the border. All Trump is peddling is false security. I do agree that some kind of barrier might be necessary, but I think technology is as effective if not more so than Trump's "beautiful" wall.
It's past time to open the government, hopefully before something tragic happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment