6.4.16

North Carolina, now Mississippi. These two states are the current ones to enact laws that "protect" religious beliefs.

Here's the thing. The state nor the government has any business enacting laws that allows a partcular religious belief be forced on another. I believe this violates the separation of church and state.

As for the Mississippi "Religous Freedom Act", it opened the door allowing a Christian to refuse their services; i.e., bake a same-sex wedding cake, etc., without fear of being sued, because they don't agree with ones lifestyle. And without question, this law is clearly aimed at the LGBT community.

I believe Christ expects of us ... To accept one another as he accepts us. Sadly, the Mississippi law throws this sound expectation out. And now in Mississippi, you can be denied housing, jobs, and government services if you are gay, lesbian, or transgender. Not exactly christ-like I would argue.

I am so glad I divorced religion. Being a part of this self annointing God complex has no appeal to me And the Mississippi law reinforces my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment