Another Easter is here ... my second with J'me. Beginning Saturday J'me will begin baking. He's got two cakes to bake. Then Sunday morning he and I will be preparing a bourbon ham for the annual family dinner at his sister and brother-in-law's, Joelle and Jay. Other than that, it will be a lazy day for us.
Speaking about the holiday ...
Easter has significant meaning to me. Of course, the most obvious being Christ's death and resurrection. However, on a spiritual level what amazes me about the Easter story is it's simple message ... That I have worth!
As the good book reads; "Yes, God loved the world
so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him
would not be lost but have eternal life." -John 3:16 (ERV)
If I wasn't valued then the Easter story would have never happened and my life here on earth would have no purpose or significance. This life would be it ... the end. But because I was created by Him, He took it upon himself to forgive me of my human nature and assured me that behind this vale of time my reward will be eternal life. This is almost inconceivable! However, as inconceivable as this may be, through faith I humbly accept His gift.
Christmas brought light to an estranged world ... Easter bought forgiveness for each of us. Thank God that He found us worthy of his love and forgiveness.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment