16.2.14

Made an ER visit this past week having intestinal issues. I was so dehydrated that getting an IV put in took some doing. As funny as this may sound and because of my dislike of needles, J'me had to tightly grip my hand to distract my attention away from being stuck and hold my head down on the gurney so I wouldn't watch the nurse stick me. Trust me, it was not pretty ... three times not pretty. Then I had to go through the same thing again having my blood drawn. What can I say, when it comes to needles, I'm a BIG baby.

Thankfully, my blood work came back normal. And with a script for Lomotil in hand and orders to eat lightly and hydrate with Gatorade, we were in and out of the ER in about an hour and a half ... not bad considering the ER was busy.

For the next twenty-four hours I felt a whole lot better. But once the Lomotil wore off I was right back where I started. Nevertheless, I've been following instructions hoping to feel better. But, as of today, it's been two weeks since my intestinal issue began and its not getting any better. I either have a virus or some other issue going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment