24.10.13

During the Government shut-down the EBT system went down in many states. As to if the malfunction happened because of the shut-down isn't clear. Nevertheless, during the "systems malfunction" Wal*Mart "felt sorry" for their EBT shoppers and made the decision to allow purchases without verification, and many took advantage of it by spending over the allocated amount to their individual EBT accounts.
All I can say; Wal*Mart should have known better, shame on you. Those who took advantage of the downed system, shame on you too.

As to how I feel about the opportunists, if you don't have food to eat for the next few months because you have to repay for what you were not entitled too, don't bitch. I, for one, won't feel sorry for you one bit.
I get it! Times are hard. Many can barely make it through the month on what food stamps they are allocated. But, this doesn't give anyone the right to take advantage of the system. In doing so, it's EBT that gets the black eye, specially in the climate of cut backs that Washington wants from entitlements.

No comments:

Post a Comment