24.11.12

Another Thanksgiving with long working hours and assisting frenzy shoppers is history. Physically, thank god it’s over cause my bones are worn out! Needless to say, its been a crazy week.

The only down side is that the traditional meaning of Thanksgiving is eroding and becoming more about profits and self-indulgence. And if the trend continues, it won’t be long for Thanksgiving to fall victim to the almighty dollar and be lost forever.

My fear, if the bottom line during Thanksgiving shows drastic profits for retailers, Christmas will be next. It’s just a matter of time. Already, retailers are infringing on Christmas Eve to make a buck, thus Christmas won’t be far behind. I mean, a good example, look what has become of Easter … it’s no longer a holiday. Instead, it’s all about profits!

Anyway, on a personal level, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My buddy, George, and I got together and had dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant … Osaka Buffet. This is the first year that neither one of us cooked. Since we both had long and odd working hours, cooking was totally out of the question. Nonetheless, like I said in the opening; thank god it’s over cause my bones are worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment