21.5.10

After having fluid removed from under my kneecap the area is all better. Yeah, even being numbed, you can still feel the needle go in … tell ya, it’s a wired sensation. Yeah, I’m a woos … LOL. When it comes to needles I’m a BIG ass baby. Anyway, for a couple of days following it felt like my kneecap was floating, other than that all is good.

Got some really bad news today … news that I wasn’t expecting. Earlier in the day I was overwhelmed with disappointed, but as the day progressed and the news sank in my emotions took on a whole different sensation … a sensation which I thought I wouldn’t have to experience again. Now I’m fearful that I may be tossed back into the wind of uncertainty and I ain’t liking this one bit!

According to my boss, corporate is slashing hours and boy were my hours slashed from five to three days per week … I will only be able to work twenty-nine hours, maybe less, until business picks up. This hit cut me ten hours from my schedule … a significant hit to be sure! Now if it was only I that got cut then there’s truly a hidden message … move on, we don’t want you anymore. But this is not the case … the hour slashing is company wide. Nonetheless, this sudden wake up call truly grabbed my attention today and once again I feel as if my back is being pushed against the wall and it ain't feeling all that good, not one bit!

As to how I’m going to handle this? As of right now I’m not sure. My boss asked to give him through Memorial Day after which he "thinks" business will pick up. Meanwhile, however, these hour cuts is certainly going to affect my standard of living. After all, I'm at a point where I'm financially caught up and able to sustain my standard of living without much help. Therefore, I am really concerned.

I do have a plan B in place … plan B will certainly change the course of my life. It won’t be popular, but I ain’t gonna be pushed back into the same situation I was in before I was hired by Kmart. That will be a BIG hell no! So, stay tuned. Hopefully, I won't have to resort to plan B and I will be able to resume life as it has been for the past six months ... peacefully solvent.

Until Tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment