Sep 15, 2011

It’s time to catch up! … Where do I begin?

Most recent:

As for Ben and I, well, I’ve decided the relationship wasn’t for me. So, I’m single again!

Honestly, I’m really not ready for another relationship. And, I’m particularly not wanting to get into another unhappy ending which I believe would be with what I’ve come to know about Ben.

I can’t deny that what little time Ben and I shared was good. However, Ben’s in a different place and space. Plus, Sumo didn’t much care for Ben. Though he would try to warm up to Sumo, he had little to do with Ben’s attempt … it was truly interesting to watch! Was it jealousy? Probably so! Whatever it was, Sumo’s unwelcoming attitude didn’t set well with Ben. Anyway, the “Thus far, he has captured my eye and attention” quote, is now dead!

As for being friends, that’s entirely up to Ben. If not, then I wish him well.

Car issues:

Though I love my little car, thus far it has been a costly love affair.

Yes, I fully understand when buying a used car you’re inheriting whatever problems that comes along with it.

After replacing my windshield wipers, gas cap, two tires, getting an oil change, tires balanced and rotated I figured it best to get a tune-up. During the turn-up I ended up having to replace the valve cover and starter … all total, $553.10. Ouch!

When buying the car I didn’t realize that Saturn is no longer in business and finding parts for my car was, one word, challenging!, and specially when sidestepping dealership prices. A valve cover from the dealership would have cost me $195.00. I found one through a used auto parts/salvage yard dealer, costing me $25.00.

From what I’ve noticed, used parts for Saturn Coups are far and few unless I want to pay top dollar. Just happened that one of the used auto parts/salvage yard had a match. My lucky day! Cause by this time, my engine was covered with oil and when I turned the car off smoke would bellow out from under the hood … it wasn’t pretty and attracted a lot of stares! As soon as the valve cover was in hand I headed back to the shop where they kindly replaced it. Since, the car operates much smoother and the bellowing smoke no longer causes wired stares. Too, I’m getting better gas mileage.

Chemo … Joy!

Think the last time I wrote about my Chemo therapy I was about to enter my second round of treatments. Thankfully, they went well. After about six weeks off, in September I had my third Cystoscope … thankfully the results were negative. The only thing they found was a spot which they took a sample of, cauterized it and ruled it to be irritation due to the Chemo.

This past Wednesday I began my third installment … another set of three treatments. I tell ya, you never get used to the sensation of a catheter passing under the prostrate … it’s enough to cause your ass to come right up off the table. Once home, you wait at least two hours to pee and once able too, wow!, talk about burning. It’s enough to bring tears to your eyes. Then the bleeding begins … talk about feeling like a woman having a period. Not pretty and it sure doesn’t feel good!

Once I complete my current round of Chemo treatments I have one more Cystoscope and one set of treatments to endure. Hard to believe that almost a year has passed since being diagnosed with bladder cancer. Thankfully, the treatments have worked.

X-ray

Following my annual physical my doctor ordered a chest x-ray in which it was noted that I possibly have COPD. So, a breathing test was ordered and this past Monday it was done. According to the report I’m okay, but it does show that if I continue to smoke I could develop lung disease. Guess it’s time to seriously consider putting down cigarettes!


Generally speaking, life is good! Yes, there’s been a few bumps along the way, but, hey, if it weren’t for the bumps the smooth ride wouldn’t mean as much. And with good friends like Robyn and George, including those few co-workers at Kmart I am really blessed to be surrounded by those who love and care about me, and it is this kind of friendship that keeps me going. I’m a very lucky man!

Until Tomorrow …

No comments:

Post a Comment