Jun 28, 2011

While on my way home last Saturday (06/25/11), I was in Conway traveling east on 501. At the corner of Bell and Church Street, a motorist was turning left. Unfortunately, he wasn’t paying attention and I slammed into his car. After pulling off the road I called the police who came out and filed out an accident report. Thank god no one was injured, no air bags deployed, and I wasn’t at fault! Immediately upon arriving home I called my insurance company and filed my accident report.

As of Monday, the other driver had not contacted his insurance company … we both have the same insurance company. Anyway, they (the insurance company) took some more information from me and said they would be in touch once the other guy files with them.

Last night I was re-reading the police report and found the guy’s insurance policy number. So, first thing this morning I called the insurance company to give them this information so they could get the ball rolling. Thankfully, the guy had contacted the insurance company and a new case number was established.

Since the guy had a rental car the insurance company has to contact the rental agency to see if he carried rental insurance … I know he didn’t cause at the scene of the accident he told the officer that the car was covered under his insurance policy … that he did not take out rental insurance. Anyway, I informed the insurance agent that I need a car in order to get back and forth to work since my car is unsafe to drive and I needed to get the ball rolling to get mine fixed ... it definitely needs a front end face lift.

As of right now, I’m in limbo waiting to hear back from the agent as to whether or not I’ll be able to rent a car. I certainly hope so cause I sure can’t afford to miss work, let alone loose my job. I don’t think this will happen since I’m not the type to just take off for whatever reason. If I do, I always make sure that I show proof as to why I was absent.

Anyway, here’s some pics from the accident. As you can see, my car sustained more damage than his … His is winking at him, mine is grinning back at me (LOL).


Until Tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment