Texting is today’s primary tool for communicating with each other. Picking up the phone and having a real time conversation, gone! I like and use texting, but using it as my main source of communicating, unthinkable! Call me old fashioned … I really don’t care!
As for me, those who uses texting as their main source of communication irritates the hell out of me. I have a friend whom I seldom hear their voice. Picking up the phone to have a conversation is as rare as rare can be … texting is their god, calling is likened to a plague. I simply don’t get it.
In my opinion, when texting is the main source of communicating it leaves the impression that they don’t think enough of me to carry on a one on one conversation or its because they really don’t have time for me? I mean, what’s up with this? After all, texting is such an impersonal tool, and between friends, even more so. In other wards, pick up the damn phone! It's the personal touch stupid!!
Today we hide behind technology and no wonder society is becoming more and more impersonal. Interaction between people is becoming a lost art and if this trend continues social interaction will be the thing of the past … we all will become Avatar’s!?!
Don't get me wrong. Texting is a good thing, but it has its time and place. I'm just saying.
Until Tomorrow ...
As for me, those who uses texting as their main source of communication irritates the hell out of me. I have a friend whom I seldom hear their voice. Picking up the phone to have a conversation is as rare as rare can be … texting is their god, calling is likened to a plague. I simply don’t get it.
In my opinion, when texting is the main source of communicating it leaves the impression that they don’t think enough of me to carry on a one on one conversation or its because they really don’t have time for me? I mean, what’s up with this? After all, texting is such an impersonal tool, and between friends, even more so. In other wards, pick up the damn phone! It's the personal touch stupid!!
Today we hide behind technology and no wonder society is becoming more and more impersonal. Interaction between people is becoming a lost art and if this trend continues social interaction will be the thing of the past … we all will become Avatar’s!?!
Don't get me wrong. Texting is a good thing, but it has its time and place. I'm just saying.
Until Tomorrow ...
No comments:
Post a Comment