There's a “fussy feeling” saying here in the south, or so I’m told, that is so commonly used that after a while it becomes almost cliché sounding … actually I’m beginning to think it is. The phrase is generally said when one parts company or says good-by when hanging up the phone. The phrase is; I love you or simply love ya.
Now, I can see saying I love you to ones immediate family members or partner, but to use in general form, I’m not all that hyped up on it. Guess what I’m saying is this … I hear I love you so much that I’m to the point where it's almost unbelievable. It’s kind of like someone who says I’m sorry all the time and yet continues to do whatever it is they are sorry for. After a while you just don’t want to hear it. Well, with I love you or love ya, in this context, I’m pretty much over it. Why? Cause! I only love God, my sister, and with whom I'm partnered. As for saying I love you to someone outside this circle, specially to a total stranger, ah, I don't think so! Yeah, I like you, however I certainly don’t love you and since I don't love you I surely ain't gonna say so no matter how nice or special of person you are.
Don’t get me wrong, I love fussy, but being overexposed to it ... after a while I pretty much ignore it by letting it go in one ear and out the other.
As for saying I love you, when it's real, I do so seriously. I don't take the saying lightly ... I'm just saying.
Today I stopped in a gas station and as I was cashing out I noticed on the payment pad BP’s logo and push for their credit card. For a minute I hesitated then as the clerk if this was strictly a BP station to which he said, yes!
Now I know by not doing business with certain gas stations that are truly BP stations stops the flow of money into their pockets … I’m all for it! Yes, by not doing business with any BP station will hurt their workers more than BP, but I’m not giving any of my dollars to BP because of their disgusting handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill … they, in my opinion, are destroying our environment and frankly I don’t believe they care as they put on to be. Yes, the situation is complicated, but it could have been prevented. Anyway, with the clerks answer in mind I decided to walk away from my purchase and take my business somewhere else.
I think that if we know for certain that we are doing business with any BP businesses we should take our money elsewhere. And if you’re not sure whether or not it is a BP station, damn it, ASK! We’ve gotta let BIG business know that they are not going to destroy our land and waterways, specially our oceans. BIG business must be responsible for their oopses!
Until Tomorrow ...
Rev 06/22/10
Now, I can see saying I love you to ones immediate family members or partner, but to use in general form, I’m not all that hyped up on it. Guess what I’m saying is this … I hear I love you so much that I’m to the point where it's almost unbelievable. It’s kind of like someone who says I’m sorry all the time and yet continues to do whatever it is they are sorry for. After a while you just don’t want to hear it. Well, with I love you or love ya, in this context, I’m pretty much over it. Why? Cause! I only love God, my sister, and with whom I'm partnered. As for saying I love you to someone outside this circle, specially to a total stranger, ah, I don't think so! Yeah, I like you, however I certainly don’t love you and since I don't love you I surely ain't gonna say so no matter how nice or special of person you are.
Don’t get me wrong, I love fussy, but being overexposed to it ... after a while I pretty much ignore it by letting it go in one ear and out the other.
As for saying I love you, when it's real, I do so seriously. I don't take the saying lightly ... I'm just saying.
Today I stopped in a gas station and as I was cashing out I noticed on the payment pad BP’s logo and push for their credit card. For a minute I hesitated then as the clerk if this was strictly a BP station to which he said, yes!
Now I know by not doing business with certain gas stations that are truly BP stations stops the flow of money into their pockets … I’m all for it! Yes, by not doing business with any BP station will hurt their workers more than BP, but I’m not giving any of my dollars to BP because of their disgusting handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill … they, in my opinion, are destroying our environment and frankly I don’t believe they care as they put on to be. Yes, the situation is complicated, but it could have been prevented. Anyway, with the clerks answer in mind I decided to walk away from my purchase and take my business somewhere else.
I think that if we know for certain that we are doing business with any BP businesses we should take our money elsewhere. And if you’re not sure whether or not it is a BP station, damn it, ASK! We’ve gotta let BIG business know that they are not going to destroy our land and waterways, specially our oceans. BIG business must be responsible for their oopses!
Until Tomorrow ...
Rev 06/22/10
No comments:
Post a Comment