Last week, Friday evening to be exact, I locked myself out of the house. No spare key, no cell phone to call for help, no wallet … totally empty handed all because I was in a hurry. Talk about being pissed off at myself!?! And the ironic thing is, this wasn’t the first time. Therefore, by now you’d think I’d learn, right? Not! Well, come hell or high water, I’m definitely going to get a spare key made cause it ain’t fun braking into your own house.
For the past five weeks I’ve been having pain in both kidneys and lover abdomen, as well as loose stools. It seemed as though everything I ate just simply flushed right through me … kind of like do not pass go and do not collect two hundred dollars. And physically I felt exhausted. Therefore, during my monthly doctor’s appointment I mentioned this to him … actually to his nurse practitioner, whom I felt didn’t take me very serious. She simply told me that I may have an infection in which case it would take about two weeks for it to resolve itself. Meanwhile I was to take Imodium and come back to see her at which time she would order a CT Scan if my symptoms persisted.
Meanwhile, I began having sever stomach cramps and my kidneys felt like they were on fire. When I returned for my appointment I told the nurse that she had to do something cause my symptoms were becoming intolerable at which time she schedule the CT Scan of my lower abdomen.
This past Tuesday morning I showed up for the test. Prior to it, I had to drink this almond tasting chalky drink … it wasn’t to bad, and waited for about an hour. Then once the test began they injected this IV fluid which makes you think you’re wetting your pants … what a horrible sensation that was! Anyway, the test went well and I came home.
About 1 pm my body began to feel really achy and my kidneys felt like they were on fire. Then about 5 pm I started vomiting. By 7 pm I was laying in bed feeling totally sick. Around 9 pm I began to get chills. And by 10:30 pm I was running a fever of 103.6. I thought to myself, holy crap!, something ain’t right with this. I took two Tylenols along with three 16 oz glasses of water, text my buddy to let him know what was going on, then went back to bed.
Wednesday morning I woke up in a sweat and feeling absolutely horrible at which time I decided to get my ass to the emergency room. After explaining to the doctor what was going on an IV was in place. Saline along with antibiotics were being pumped into my vain. Blood, urine and stool samples were sent to the lab. And my CT Scan report was retrieved. Conclusion … my white blood count was over the top, thus an infection, and I had gallstones. GREAT!
After spending several hours in the ER I was released with two antibiotics and pain meds along with a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow, Friday. As for today, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being worse, I’m about a 7. I don’t feel feverish. My kidneys, they’re achy but not burning. My stomach isn’t cramping. I have to say that as of right now I feel a little better than I’ve felt in weeks. And I’ve spent the day resting.
If nothing else, I’m relieved in knowing what was causing me problems. As for work, well, when talking to them today they didn’t seem to thrilled with me for having to be out.
Until Tomorrow ...
For the past five weeks I’ve been having pain in both kidneys and lover abdomen, as well as loose stools. It seemed as though everything I ate just simply flushed right through me … kind of like do not pass go and do not collect two hundred dollars. And physically I felt exhausted. Therefore, during my monthly doctor’s appointment I mentioned this to him … actually to his nurse practitioner, whom I felt didn’t take me very serious. She simply told me that I may have an infection in which case it would take about two weeks for it to resolve itself. Meanwhile I was to take Imodium and come back to see her at which time she would order a CT Scan if my symptoms persisted.
Meanwhile, I began having sever stomach cramps and my kidneys felt like they were on fire. When I returned for my appointment I told the nurse that she had to do something cause my symptoms were becoming intolerable at which time she schedule the CT Scan of my lower abdomen.
This past Tuesday morning I showed up for the test. Prior to it, I had to drink this almond tasting chalky drink … it wasn’t to bad, and waited for about an hour. Then once the test began they injected this IV fluid which makes you think you’re wetting your pants … what a horrible sensation that was! Anyway, the test went well and I came home.
About 1 pm my body began to feel really achy and my kidneys felt like they were on fire. Then about 5 pm I started vomiting. By 7 pm I was laying in bed feeling totally sick. Around 9 pm I began to get chills. And by 10:30 pm I was running a fever of 103.6. I thought to myself, holy crap!, something ain’t right with this. I took two Tylenols along with three 16 oz glasses of water, text my buddy to let him know what was going on, then went back to bed.
Wednesday morning I woke up in a sweat and feeling absolutely horrible at which time I decided to get my ass to the emergency room. After explaining to the doctor what was going on an IV was in place. Saline along with antibiotics were being pumped into my vain. Blood, urine and stool samples were sent to the lab. And my CT Scan report was retrieved. Conclusion … my white blood count was over the top, thus an infection, and I had gallstones. GREAT!
After spending several hours in the ER I was released with two antibiotics and pain meds along with a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow, Friday. As for today, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being worse, I’m about a 7. I don’t feel feverish. My kidneys, they’re achy but not burning. My stomach isn’t cramping. I have to say that as of right now I feel a little better than I’ve felt in weeks. And I’ve spent the day resting.
If nothing else, I’m relieved in knowing what was causing me problems. As for work, well, when talking to them today they didn’t seem to thrilled with me for having to be out.
Until Tomorrow ...
No comments:
Post a Comment