To all who were bent on braking my spirit, who tried to trash me, and wished ill in my life, look who’s standing now … tall and proud. ME!
I admit that I had some really strange “friends”. Unhealthy “friends” at that! In retrospect, what I put up with and went along with was so far from who I am as a person. But, yes, I got sucked into their company thinking that all would be alright and that I could handle myself … boy was I totally wrong!
The main reason I allowed myself to get involved with unhealthy individuals was due to being lonely. Starting life over again was difficult in itself and I didn't give much thought as to how I was going about it, thus I made some pretty stupid choices. By time I realized what these so called "friends" were all about, getting rid of them was equally a pain in the ass. Once they realized that I wasn't going to put up with their bullshyt any longer the claws came out and reality wasn’t very pretty. Mentally, it was a total downer. Socially it was embarrassing. And physically I took a few blows!
Well, I certainly learned some valuable lessons. First, NEVER trust anyone until you get to KNOW them … Friendship is earned, not given! Secondly, NEVER allow anyone to CONTROL you … EVER! Thirdly, NEVER believe that you NEED someone to be happy … It’s better to be ALONE than to be MISERABLE.
Thankfully those individuals who were nothing more than emotional leaches are out of my life. The pain they caused is now healed and I have come out of these troublesome relationships a much wiser and better person.
The last time I checked, one so called “friend” is in prison … deservedly! One is on the streets due to being addicted to drugs … he lost his home, friends and family. And one, well, he’s still waiting for me to come around … are you kidding? After being beaten by him there is no way in hell I will as much consider being a friend, let alone a companion ... O hell no!
As for the rest, honestly, I don't care! I’m just glad to have my life back and be in control of it once again ... without all the drama and pain. Yes, life is beautiful and the friends I now have ... all four of them, they keep me focused and emotionally occupied.
Yes, I can proudly say, look who’s standing now … tall and proud. ME!
Until Tomorrow …
Updated 05/08/10
I admit that I had some really strange “friends”. Unhealthy “friends” at that! In retrospect, what I put up with and went along with was so far from who I am as a person. But, yes, I got sucked into their company thinking that all would be alright and that I could handle myself … boy was I totally wrong!
The main reason I allowed myself to get involved with unhealthy individuals was due to being lonely. Starting life over again was difficult in itself and I didn't give much thought as to how I was going about it, thus I made some pretty stupid choices. By time I realized what these so called "friends" were all about, getting rid of them was equally a pain in the ass. Once they realized that I wasn't going to put up with their bullshyt any longer the claws came out and reality wasn’t very pretty. Mentally, it was a total downer. Socially it was embarrassing. And physically I took a few blows!
Well, I certainly learned some valuable lessons. First, NEVER trust anyone until you get to KNOW them … Friendship is earned, not given! Secondly, NEVER allow anyone to CONTROL you … EVER! Thirdly, NEVER believe that you NEED someone to be happy … It’s better to be ALONE than to be MISERABLE.
Thankfully those individuals who were nothing more than emotional leaches are out of my life. The pain they caused is now healed and I have come out of these troublesome relationships a much wiser and better person.
The last time I checked, one so called “friend” is in prison … deservedly! One is on the streets due to being addicted to drugs … he lost his home, friends and family. And one, well, he’s still waiting for me to come around … are you kidding? After being beaten by him there is no way in hell I will as much consider being a friend, let alone a companion ... O hell no!
As for the rest, honestly, I don't care! I’m just glad to have my life back and be in control of it once again ... without all the drama and pain. Yes, life is beautiful and the friends I now have ... all four of them, they keep me focused and emotionally occupied.
Yes, I can proudly say, look who’s standing now … tall and proud. ME!
Until Tomorrow …
Updated 05/08/10
No comments:
Post a Comment