Today's message gave me a small glimpse into one area of my life ... I depend to much on me and not enough on God.
Rather than being FRANTIC over not having enough hours or money I should be grateful for what I have and depend on God to provide the rest. Instead, I FRANTICLY worry, justifiably so, nevertheless worry to the point of giving into depression. I'm trying so hard to keep my head above water that I forget to bring God into the equation.
God requires that I do my part. He knows I have what it takes to survive, but he also knows my limitations. And it is at this point where he wants me to surrender my situation to him and allow him to take over and carry me through. God is not about failure! He is all about us finding our way and making it. Case in point, if it wasn't for him and until I moved out of my own way, today, I wouldn't be here writing this. My problem ... I got comfortable and became selfishly self-reliant, taking for granted what God has given me ... a job! I've done my part, now I must allow God to do his.
I also learned how important it is to be in good standing, not only with myself, but with those around me.
Though today's message was directed to electing Elders and the type of character traits they should possess in order to hold a position of leadership (see my scribblings), those traits apply to me as well. I have what it takes to be Faithful, Temperate, Self-controlled, Respectful, Hospitable, Able To Teach, Not A Money Lover, Manage My [Life], Not Be Quarrelsome, Genital, and man of Good Reputation. These are the qualities of an honorable individual and I am called by God to be such a person. God expects me to be honorable in every thing I do.
Again, church totally rocked!
Until Tomorrow ...
Revised Today
Rather than being FRANTIC over not having enough hours or money I should be grateful for what I have and depend on God to provide the rest. Instead, I FRANTICLY worry, justifiably so, nevertheless worry to the point of giving into depression. I'm trying so hard to keep my head above water that I forget to bring God into the equation.
God requires that I do my part. He knows I have what it takes to survive, but he also knows my limitations. And it is at this point where he wants me to surrender my situation to him and allow him to take over and carry me through. God is not about failure! He is all about us finding our way and making it. Case in point, if it wasn't for him and until I moved out of my own way, today, I wouldn't be here writing this. My problem ... I got comfortable and became selfishly self-reliant, taking for granted what God has given me ... a job! I've done my part, now I must allow God to do his.
I also learned how important it is to be in good standing, not only with myself, but with those around me.
Though today's message was directed to electing Elders and the type of character traits they should possess in order to hold a position of leadership (see my scribblings), those traits apply to me as well. I have what it takes to be Faithful, Temperate, Self-controlled, Respectful, Hospitable, Able To Teach, Not A Money Lover, Manage My [Life], Not Be Quarrelsome, Genital, and man of Good Reputation. These are the qualities of an honorable individual and I am called by God to be such a person. God expects me to be honorable in every thing I do.
Again, church totally rocked!
Until Tomorrow ...
Revised Today
No comments:
Post a Comment